Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does gay and lesbian sexuality differ?

I am a gay male and for many years I have noticed the difference between gay men and lesbians. In a gay man sexuality is pretty permanent. It doesn't change. But all through out my life I have known some lesbians to go back and forth between men and women. My lesbian friend explained to me that this is not a choice, but that it depends on the partner and stage of life the woman is in. She said that her sexual preference has changed several times over her life, it was not a conscious choice, it's just something that happend.

This is something that I could not understand as a gay man because most of us don't go back and forth like that. Then I saw Oprah this week I believe on Friday where they were talking about the exact same things. She had women on there who were with men and in love with them, and then they went with women. Anne Heche is with a man after being with Ellen Degenres.

So, is a woman's sexuality based more on an emotional attachment and a men's sexuality is purely sexual?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I disagree. Many men have a fluid sexuality as well. Sadly, there's more stigma attached to being a bisexual male. Female bisexuality is celebrated, while men feel pressured to choose. Most women are not attracted to bisexual men. Men, on the other hand, are usually turned on by bisexual women.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people are not really gay or really lesbian, not to say they are bi but heterosexuals that choose to be gay. They think that they are actually gay/lesbian because they are in love with a biological person of the same sex, but in actuality they are in love with the "illusion" of the opposite sex their partner of the same sex resembles. If that doesn't sound confusing, to clarify, lindsay lohan is dating samantha, samantha's androgynous looks combined with her strong masculine vibe makes her resemble a heterosexual male in the eyes of heterosexual women. But that's what I think, but women typically have a lower sex-drive so they are more flexible in their sexuality and are more likely to try new things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    there is actually a sort of large difference between male and female sexuality. for some reason, men tend to respond more along the lines with their sexual orientation. where as women are a lot more open to sexuality in general and are turned on by more things than males.

read this article, it's hella interesting:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2005/08/14/what_makes_people_gay/

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW!!..You actually don't know how to differential the word Lesbian from Bisexuality. There is no true lesbians who go with men unless they are bisexuals or game players. Sorry!..I don't go on and forth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that people who alternate between men and women cannot truly be lesbians.

Although, I think that everyone floats around and differs sometimes. I know plenty of gay men who float, as well as lesbians. It doesn't depend on the label, the stage of life they are at or whatever, it depends on the person.

I think a womans sexuality, and a mans sexuality can depend on the person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that people who alternate between men and women cannot truly be lesbians.

Although, I think that everyone floats around and differs sometimes. I know plenty of gay men who float, as well as lesbians. It doesn't depend on the label, the stage of life they are at or whatever, it depends on the person.

I think a womans sexuality, and a mans sexuality can depend on the person.