Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member SpecialAgentJamBor's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people say that being gay is a choice?

OK, I understand that this question has been asked already, and I know the answer (it's not a choice; humans do not have the ability to control who they have romantic, physical, sexual, and emotional feelings and attraction to), but my question is WHY do people think it's a choice?

I mean, did the straight people who say it's a choice actually CHOOSE to be gay for a week and really had romantic, physical, sexual, and emotional feelings and attraction to the same sex for that week, then go back to being straight and create a report to say how it went?

Or do they simply say it is a choice because if they realized that it wasn't a choice, then they would be wrong in having something against something uncontrollable?

Inquiring minds would like to know.......

And DON'T say, "It isn't a choice, and homosexual feelings aren't wrong but homosexual acts are!"

That arguement is completely iridiculous! If we have feelings for a member of the same sex, we have the right to express those feelings. Because if a straight person feels for a member of the oppoite sex, then THEY have a right to express their feelings, so why should we be expected to restrain our feelings when straight people won't and cannot?

I hope I get some answers here that ARE legitimate!

Well,

Bravodor - I didn't choose my feelings, I had gay feelings before I even knew that they were gay feelings. I was always close to my parents. My other siblings grew up in the same environment as I did, yet they are straight and I am gay.

And if hormones caused homosexuality, then gay men wouldn't be able to grow chest hair and lesbians would not have breasts.

So I guess your answer is NOT a legitimate answer, in which I asked for a legitimate one.

You need to learn to follow instructions kiddo.
    Queers Inc - You can't choose to have gay feelings, and there's no reason to restrain them because someone says their wrong.

OK, sweetheart??
    50mm - The point is, if someone has romantic, physical, sexual, and emotinal thoughts and feelings for the same sex, but NOT opposite sex, how are they supposed to enter a straight relationhip??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arrogance-some heterosexual people believe that their way is the only way.They are not gay so they could never understand how it is for us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone is born straight, the homosexual act, is what makes a person a homosexual. I for instance, am a bank robber, yet I've never robbed a bank. How then, could I call myself a bank robber with any justification? If you refrain from sex, you're celibate, if you engage with the opposite sex, you're straight, the same sex? you're homosexual. Do the math pal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nature has seen fit to create homosexuality within hundreds of different species, that at least makes it natural. My belief is that generally people are born gay, I'm positive I was, but yes there are some people who will choose relationships with their own gender for various reason and there will be some people who experiment before finally realising being gay is not right for them.

Anyone who can say "they chose to be gay" has absolutely no understanding of it at all because they obviously are not. To understand something fully you need to at least experience it. I have no time for straight people telling me my sexuality isn't inborn.