Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do christians think being homo/bi sexual is wrong?

ibecause i mean if God made everyone and everything and is all powerful, that therefore means he made homo/bi sexual people and the fact that he is all powerful means that if he did not make them that way and he did not stop them being bi/homo sexual is not un-natural at all and God does not mind or care of people's sexuality and loves everyone equally.
    It's stupid, and it really pisses me off when i see people making that type of comment.
    By the way i am NOT anti-christian otherwise i would hate 90% of my family athough i am athiest.

I am straight as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because of a mistranslation in the book of leviticus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't think its wrong but my dad does

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm Protestant (Yes Christian) and I don't hate Homosexuals. I don't feel uncomfortable around them nor do I hate them, I had a slight problem with transsexuals and the whole gender changing thing, but that's nothing to do with my religion just my own personal opinion on the matter.

Stop generalising us it's just the people who seem to believe the mistranslation in the book of leviticus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the reason is because they dont care about how god made them they care about like 200bc ( before christ) when god made the 10 command ments and it says: that you shall not marry the oppisite sex preety much and people dont get that they only date they don't marry!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, what they believe in is not my problem: I´m a pagan.
    (I´m gay)

Junior Member VladIIItheImpaler's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    let them ' cast the first stone '!

Downloads
    Uploads
    God is fine with if they are one, but he thinks its wrong if they practice being gay.

if u are so agaistn christans than do make a question. so stop thumbing all of us down. thats just hate right there.

Junior Member Jesuslovesatheiststoo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a sin according to both Old and New Testaments. God didn't create people to be homosexual, they choose to be. Prove otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because of a few verses in the Bible that vaguely speak of homosexual relations.

A lot of them are in the Old Testament, namely in Leviticus which also speaks about fabrics and shellfish being "sinful".

The other verses are in Romans and Corinthians. The second one is a poor translation, as it in the original Hebrew mentions the word "effeminate" and not homosexual. More specifically, it speaks of men who are sexual prostitutes, which was a common occurrence in Ancient Rome. The verse in Romans which speaks of homosexuality is also taken out of context. When Paul went to Rome, he saw this kind of prostitution. Naturally he would have thought it was immoral (which I do, as well), and he wrote about it in his writings. However, fundamentalists think on the assumption that everything said in the Bible is literal and 100% truth, and that there is no room for interpretation or reading the verse in its original context.

There is no doubt that the original writers of the Bible were intolerant of anything but straight relationships, considering their nomadic ways and the fact that large families were very important to individual survival (i.e. men gathered and hunted for food in order to support the family, and women did their part to keep the family going). This is why we also see prevalent gender roles in the Bible, but that is a story for another time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast