I am not trying to be offensive towards Christians, so please don't be offensive to me because I am only curious. I have a very good friend who is gay and he broke down and cried the other day. People harass him about being gay ALL THE TIME.

I've read some answers on here to questions that are similar to mine and a lot of people answer that gay people have a choice, but they choose to be perverted. Isn't there more to a relationship than just sex? My gay friend has a boyfriend and let me tell you, their relationship does not revolve around sex. When you are around them, you truly know that they love each other.

They don't want to be seen as the perverted sinners that Christians make them out to be. Christians, you should accept people for who they are. And I know that not all Christians frown upon gay/lesbian people. But for the ones that do, I want to ask you why? If you are always saying that atheists are telling you that what you believe in isn't true, what right do you have to tell someone the exact same thing?

Why is it wrong to follow your heart?

Serious answers only, please. Thank you.