I'm a 17yr old girl and I'm pretty damn sure I'm 50-50 bisexual. I've had 4 boyfriends (and I fell in love with one of them) and three girlfriends, but I've gone further with a girl than I have a guy (still a virgin though). Anyway, that's not important.

I'm cheerful, outgoing, usually quite confident and nice (and modest too XD) so I made a lot of friends when I started my new school a month ago. On Friday I told a few of my friends that I am bisexual (not a huge announcement or anything, it just came up in conversation), but it got spread around and now it's turned into a huge thing. Almost none of the girls in my lessons will speak to me now (unless it's to laugh at me), apart from my closest friends, and even some of the boys have started picking on me now because I'm a 'lesbian'.

I'm not surprised that a lot of people at my school are homophobic, to be honest, because it's the countryside and a lot of them are religious. I just moved out here from the city. But still, I can't believe how childish their reaction has been. I'm just as straight as the other girls are, that's how I see myself- and I'm a lesbian as well. So surely being bi isn't as 'bad' in their eyes as being a lesbian? Why are they freaking out so much when they liked me before?

Also, is there anything I can do to stop them bullying me/get them to treat me normal again? I live in the UK.

Thanks for your help and advice

It really sucks, none of my 'friends' will even hug me goodbye anymore, they just wave as if I was a boy ;_;

...Yeah, just wanted to complain some more. I 'came out' at my last school with my girlfriend who was a lesbian, and everyone was fine with it. I've never been homophobicked against before :/