hi i am just reposting one of my questions in a diff categories to get more answers, thanks.

Atheists, what are your feeling towards some christians that insists ex gay counselling works?
Because gay is a choice, hence if one is "determined", one could change, if not, it shows they are a dirty sinner who is deliberately against God on purpose?
3 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.
Additional Details
Below is an excerpt taken articles posted by Victor Adamson, an ex gay (according to him) who now preaches gay is a conditon everyone can get out of.

Homosexual Change Study Supports Reparative Therapy
By Victor J. Adamson
Report received from American Association of Christian Counselors
"The assumption that people can't change is a political conclusion rather than a scientific conclusion," said Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, director of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) and an Exodus member. "It points to the influential gay lobbyists within the profession, of which there are many."

both articles he quoted are either written by christians organisation (who support ex gay counselling or organisation interviewed who support ex gay counselling)

For full article, visit below link

http://www.victorjadamson.com/articles2/…

However, the articles he quoted were not objective and try to misrepresent the change in gay is a fairly good possiblity

In 2001, Spitzer delivered a controversial paper, Can Some Gay Men and Lesbians Change Their Sexual Orientation? at the 2001 annual APA meeting; in that paper, Spitzer argued that it is possible that some highly motivated individuals could successfully change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Considering how difficult it had been to find 100 participants, and that they were considered the best cases of conversion therapy, Dr. Spitzer concluded that although change could occur, it was probably very rare.

Below is a link of an interview with the man himself that put his research in full context

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwE6_dLwe…

Below is an except published by an non LGBT organisations

The study is deeply flawed:

“Perhaps its main deficiency was that the persons studied were not a representative sample of persons with a homosexual
or bisexual orientation. Many were directly involved in a leadership role in transformational ministries. Most

of the subjects were carefully selected as "success stories" from a very large number of clients -- perhaps numbering in the tens or hundreds of thousands -- who had failed to change their orientation even after many years of sincere effort. Thus an average 55% change in behavior for the test subjects could easily imply a 1% or lower change in behavior for a random sampling of persons with a homosexual or bisexual orientation.
Another deficiency is that Dr. Spitzer does not recognize bisexuality as a valid sexual orientation. Thus he would consider a person with a bisexual orientation who was involved in same-sex behavior to be a homosexual. If that person simply decided to confine relationships to the opposite-sex, he would conclude that they had changed their orientation to heterosexual. We suspect that all or almost all of the subjects of this study would fit into this des
Another deficiency is that Dr. Spitzer does not recognize bisexuality as a valid sexual orientation. Thus he would consider a person with a bisexual orientation who was involved in same-sex behavior to be a homosexual. If that person simply decided to confine relationships to the opposite-sex, he would conclude that they had changed their orientation to heterosexual. We suspect that all or almost all of the subjects of this study would fit into this description.”
possiblity

below is the full link

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_sp…

below is another link shows how some respected (within christian circles) christian expert like Dr James Dobson resort to unethical tatics to justify his mispresentation on the gay issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHdSVknB…

@truth is certian (Ross)" Regardless of the label you might give of "DIRTY SINNER", people want to change their minds to bring greater happiness." Would you refute that? The disrespectful language you used regarding ot
other human beings ( yes, we gay are human beings) shows quite clearly of you as a person, hence i will let your own words speak for themselves.

Also i dont have prob with ppl who want to go into this type of therapy, what i DO have prob is that many STRAIGHT christians such as yourself insist to twist the truth, and then claim ALL of us gays are that way by choice, and then proceed to get ABUSIVE and HATEFUL towards us, justifying your behaviours by MISREPRESENT scriptures. Yet when we stand up for ourselves, you simply UP YOUR ANTE. Seriously, you need to MIND YOUR OWN LIVES.
3 hours ago

@ Linus according to your own logic "I guess pedophiles are born that way also......so lets just put the same rules you have for homosexuals to pedophiles.....they can't help it, they are born that way
"

So does that mean HETEROSEXUAL rapists are born that way also.. so lets just put the same rules you have for heterosexuals to rapists... they cant's help it, they are BORN that way"

how would YO
YOU feel if i try to make above statement about YOU? Are you just plain ignorant or simply enjoy being hateful? if the answer is latter, i strong recommend you to stop telling ppl you are a Christian, because you will shame Lord 's name in front of none believers.