Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

what do gays think of the expression thats become common "no homo" or "thats gay"?

to clarify, its a way of saying thats not cool or your acting like a girl (ie. not cool again).

its not saying no homo as in no homosexuals allowed or anything prejudice like that.

thank god we have some no pc people left in the world who understand the difference between slang & malicious slurs

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's slang..but that doesn't mean it's right to say you know..
    it's as if they're saying homosexuality is not cool.
    and oh yeahh trust me..it's pretty fricken amazing.
    Just showing love to my fellow gays <3

Junior Member mUncommonTeenBoym's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Example of "no homo" is like my friend. "Hey mind if we share that ice cream cone? No homo." "Yeah sure."

Example of "that's gay" is like my other friend. "Dude that's gay!" When the situation is something like if their friends girlfriend broke up with them.

I think it's funny when people use them. But it sometimes gets out of hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i use "thats gay" all the time... i love it ahaha, if only i were black so i could use there word 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't care about "no homo", but I find saying "that's so gay" offensive, because someone that says it is referring to something bad or stupid which homosexuality isn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like when people say "that's gay" to mean stupid.

"No homo" isn't too offensive to me, as I just see it as a way of saying "hey, I didn't mean it in this way btw."

Like if I'm telling a straight guy I think his hair looks nice or something, I'll say "your hair looks nice. No homo btw" so he knows I'm not coming onto him, I'm just giving him a compliment. Straight guys tend to think a gay guy's coming onto him if he compliments him or something from what I've experienced, for some reason. Paranoia maybe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally flinch every time I hear "that's gay" because whether you mean it or not or even if you think that it's not based on prejudice as you said it can really hurt people. Since everyone knows the phrase "that's gay" is synonymous with a phrase like "that's stupid" you're saying stupid and gay are the same thing. Basically I don't understand how you could say that it's not meant to offend anyone. The point I'd really like to make though is this: you can never really know if people you are close to are gay and in the closet or not. When you say things like "that's gay" that person might construe that as you not being accepting of them if they came out to you, even if you're just saying those things out of habit or assimilation. So I suggest coming up with a new adjective to describe your disdain at things that won't possibly alienate your friends or people around you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im gay and i say "thats gay" all the time. but "no homo" irritates me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not deeply offended by either term but I think it is a little immature to say them..

Downloads
    Uploads
    they dont really bother me, cuz i know people or myself arent just a sexuality, were people with sexuality, not just gay, see what i mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast