Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We gays respect our neighbors. Just becuz were gay it doesnt mean we will be all over you and disrespecting you. We gays have taste and can carry ourselves in public! rofl. Go to the party and have fun. Forget about labels! rofl Gays neighbors keep really nice and tidy houses!! Yu might get a tip of advice!

Downloads
    Uploads

We got invited to a gay/lesbian holiday party?

We are a married husband/wife that just bought a new home in the middle of farmland. We were suprised to get a letter invitation to a holiday party and they want to welcome us the new neighbors. We asked another neighbor about it and they said its a gay and lesbian party. (the invite says nothing about this). I don't want to appear rude and ignore thier kind invitation since we are new to the community. Do you think the invitation is more than just for a holiday gathering? Is it ok for straight people to join a party like this or would we be looking for something? We want to get along with all the locals so what do you think?
    Why do people turn this into me judging? I have absolutely nothing against gays or lesbians. From the other neighbors they made it sound like it was just for gays and not for us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh good Lord, get your mind out of the gutter and get educated. Their only wanting to welcome you. What if they was black, would you ever go back???

Geesh these people

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should go in order to meet the your neighbors. there will be a lot of other straight people there, trust me, they've invited all of their friends and neighbors, not just the gay ones. Don't listen to idle gossip, the scourge of country living. Go! Have a good time! You will.

Auntie Kookoo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am guessing that it is just a holiday gathering. Unless all of your neighbors are gay/lesbian then the party would not be that theme if you and your neighbors (assuming they are heterosexual) are invited.

I think they are being very nice neighbors by having a party but if you are having second thoughts about attending be wary. Those thoughts may come out at the party and make you appear uncomfortable.

Do not think of them as gay/lesbian, but just as friendly neighbors.
    Also bring a nice bottle of wine to their home and ask if they need any dishes made.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should definitely go to the party. Gay people aren't bad and won't harm you.

The invitation should be just a regular invitation and not some sort of strange invite. Also, I wouldn't worry about finding trouble. If you just meet new people and get a long with them, then you and your husband will be fine.

This party would be a good opportunity to get a long with other people int eh neighborhood. Remember that we can all get along whether we're Gay or Straight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its just an honest invitation so you can meet the community, they are not judging you on your sexual orientation, so you shouldn't either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are simply being neighborly. We do that.

If you want to attend, then go. If not, just tell them you have other plans. It's only a Christmas party, after all.

Most likely, just the people throwing the party are gay. That's it.

But, don't worry - we don't bite - well, not without permission...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a lesbian, and I'm friends with my str8 neighbors. I've had holiday dinners at their homes, and they've attended parties at my home. We're neighbors and friends.

What do you think we are? What media bullshite are you believing? We're just folks. Plain folks who like to meet and hang out with our neighbors at holiday parties. We have no hidden motives.

Wow! Sometimes ignorance still surprises me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go and have a lovely time meeting your new neighbors.

Clearly its NOT a strictly gay and lesbian party since you and your husband aren't gay and they invited you, didn't they? Your hosts might be gay or lesbian -- that might be why your other neighbor said what they did -- but I'd be willing to bet there will be a nice mix of straight, gay, bi and lesbian people at this party.

We gay and lesbian folk DO socialize with straight people too, you know!

Go and have fun!

PS -- I wonder if your neighbor who told you it was a "gay and lesbian party" just said that because they weren't invited (maybe because they're not very open-minded about GLBT people)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast