Yesterday, I asked if a gay man and a woman could be friends and I got many positive answers. The thing is, I perhaps asked the wrong question. My gay friend is so absorbed with his sexuality at the moment that he is often depressed. At these times he shuts me out, and I know part of the shutting out has to do with the fact that I am not a man. Last night I merely asked him to stop punishing me for being a woman. And he simply apologized and stated that he was blue. I feel like the friendship is so lopsided. Everyday, I encourage and offer support and completely put my needs aside. But yet he still shuts me out. I don't know how to continue in our friendship anymore. When I talk, he just responds without really listening. He never remembers anything that I share with him. This friendship has become all about him and his sexuality. And I don't get that. It is like an obsession. Should I just leave him alone to sort out his sexual identity or what?

BTW: Answers from homophobes and religious freaks are not welcomed. And please understand this is not a question about romance. It is a question about friendship.... Please help me.