Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I tell my gay friend?

One of my best friends came out over the summer, he is still my best friend I don't care who he loves. He has a boyfriend, we are seniors in high school. We are on the lacrosse team and popular his boyfriend isn't really popular, I really don't mind, but some of are other teammates are talking about it and how they don't want to hang out with him if he is going to date someone who isn't from the same social circle. Should I tell him what they are saying? advice please! No rude comments about him being gay, in case it's not clear I'm straight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's really no point in unnecessarily pissing him off... well not pissing him off... but it might upset him a little.

Downloads
    Uploads
    then tell thoes jack@$$'s that love is love and that love doesn't mean popluar hottie, or geeky nerd. it's about being with the one you want to be with and not caring about what other people think

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, first off, it's not the lacrosse team's responsibility to decide who is right for him or not. That is his decision. Just support him and tell your team that it's his decision and not their business. I find it really shallow that a person's character and personality is the last thing on these people's mind when it come his boyfriend's compatibility. I would let him know what's being said, but don't do it in a way to start problems. Apparently they are worried about his image, not his relationship. Just let him know that you don't care and you support him and that status doesn't matter...because it doesn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it wasn't your gay friend, but just your friend, and it was a rumor about his sexual activities with a girl that wasn't popular, what would you do?

Do that.
    Talk honestly and openly with him as a friend, and figure out what's best to do after discussing it.