Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Parents don't want to meet my lesbian gf?

My parents want nothing to do with my romantic life. They don't like me talking about my girlfriend and they don't even acknowledge that she is my girlfriend. They don't want to meet her. It hurts me like crazy. It's seems like they don't want anything to do with my life. We've been dating for a long time now and I'm 20 years old and they have known that I am gay for 5 years. I can't handle it. I want to have a normal life. I want them to come to my wedding, I want them to treat me like a normal human being. I don't know what to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is your girlfreind a hot lipstick lesbo or a fat dyke?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a little younger than you, but when I first came out to my parents they threatened me with exactly that kind of treatment. Since then they have come around. I have to agree with Davey. There is no way you can force them to except your relationship, but hopefully through persistent communication things will change. As it is they are likely hurting themselves almost as much as they are hurting you, and as misguided as they are in some strange way they are doing it because they love you. I'm not recommending you cut them out of your life the way they have your girlfriend to up the ante, but maybe there is a way you can convince them that you aren't changing and that if they love you than they owe it to both of you to be a part of your life, and all of its many facets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MissC - All you can do is continue to keep your relationship out in front for them to see. But you can't change their minds, they have to do that themselves.

It will be really hard for you but in time, they might come around when they figure out this isn't some phase. Take care of yourself and your girlfriend in the meantime. You will have to support each other and be strong. Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my opinion, all you can do is hope they come around. Communication being of utmost importance, express your feelings and concerns regarding your love of this woman and that you want them to be a part of your lives, and then let them know the door is open....