Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you don't really have to wait.. I mean, you could bring up the subject when you're alone with her. Okay, don't tell everythin, maybe she's a little young. But you could tell her like you have a girl friend who likes other girls, and it's okay, it's normal, and she's your friend anyway. When you'll be ready to come out, then you can tell her about you. That you love her very much, that it doesn't make you any different.

I think you shouldn't wait too long though... just in case your mom would have the time to make your sister disagree with homosexuality.

Hope this will help ! Good luck !

Downloads
    Uploads

My mum is homophobic, I'm bisexual, and I don't want my little sister being

closed minded? So how do I tell her it's okay, without my mum telling her it's wrong?

She's 5 btw, of course I'll wait until she's older.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometime when your mom isn't there, just sit down with your sister and talk to her. You could use a pro-gay child's book if you want. Then say something to the effect of:

"Some girls grow up to like boys, and some boys grow up to like girls. Not everybody is like that though. Some girls like other girls, and some boys like other boys. That's just how some people are. You can grow up to be however you want. Some people don't understand that, and say mean things to boys that like boys and girls that like girls, but those people are wrong. Be nice to everybody, ok?"

P.S. It makes me happy that someone is making an effort to de-homophobize the future. We need more people like you around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should probably just tell her everyone's beliefs are different, and she can't base her opinion off of someone else's. Tell her to follow what she thinks and believes is right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You Shouldn't Tell Her That It's Right, Because It May Be Right For You, But May Be Not Right For Her. When She's Able To Understand, You Can Share Your Choice, But Allow Her To Follow Her Own Road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You Shouldn't Tell Her That It's Right, Because It May Be Right For You, But May Be Not Right For Her. When She's Able To Understand, You Can Share Your Choice, But Allow Her To Follow Her Own Road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry about it. As she grows up, her mother will tell her one thing, and she'll hear a variety of opinions from a variety of other sources, including you. As all human beings do, she will make up her own mind.

My two daughters are 15 and 11. I know for a fact that nothing their mother nor I could say to them could possibly make either one stop loving the other.