...in the senior improv-play? What to do? Listen up, for this is important stuff:

The play I am talking about is a play for the seniors where there is a main plot involving a couple with improv skits created by students interspersed. 3 years ago my high school allowed two guys to be the couple in this annual senior improv play and the two guys dressed up in pink suits and it went without a hitch (that was the first time my formerly bigoted school let a gay couple do this). 2 years ago two girls at my school thought it would be fun to do it as well so lesbians could get a chance and the school allowed it, the girls came in suits and ties and it went on without a hitch. 1 year ago another lesbian couple did it (both in suits) since the play was celebrating the 40th anniversary of the stonewall riots.

This year most of the students were behind me and my girlfriend Rose since we had been dating since the end of Junior year (for more than a year) and we are both quite popular. We presumed that we would be accepted so we went to the men's department, bought our tuxes, and awaited for the rehearsals for the play. However, our assistant principal beckoned us to her office shortly before the rehearsals were to begin (last Thursday) and this is where the trouble begins.

The A.P. told us that she thought it would only be fair if a straight couple (opposite-sex) were selected this year and she spoke of how the PTA were disappointed at the school's departure from tradition and how many parents wanted to see a man-woman couple in it. I immediately retorted that she and the whole PTA were being the real people who think unfairly and who are bigoted because the school is as old as 1956 and only 3 out of over 50 couples in these plays have been same-sex and it is only fair that we get out fair chance. Besides, I told her that we were most popular among the students (who are not as hateful as this A.P. or the PTA) and that the opposite-sex couple she wanted in lieu of us was hardly popular or liked. She said that only about 10-15% of people are gay and that we need some balance and perspective. I said that those statistics are drastically underestimated since the real number of gays will only grow after all this hateful bigotry dies down, and besides making that argument would be just as hateful as a similar decision made on race (i.e. saying that another black couple can't do it because we have already had enough black couples)---it should be based on merit and we (me and rose) merit it the most. She said she would think about it and with that I left the room in disgust.

After that meeting, on Friday when I came to the first play rehearsal with my girlfriend the manager told us that we were not going to be the couple and the stupid opposite-sex couple was. Word quickly spread around and half the student body is now outraged at the pta and the school administration for doing this so bigotedly and hatefully. Over the weekend through facebook we all planned a loud demonstration in the cafeteria outside the administration block of the building on Tuesday (we have this Monday off).

I don't know if it is going to work but I do know that people here on Y! Answers are good with dealing with bigots and I just wanted some advice on how to make the administration change its hateful ways by showing just how hateful they are. What are some good tips? Should I meet with the A.P. or the principal and what should I say?