Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mormons changed their stance on polygamy to follow the law of the land. Do they

now perform gay marriages in ? their Canadian Temples since it's been legal there for over 3 1/2 years now?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting question! I would doubt that gay marriages would be allowed in any LDS Temple. The LDS faith has no acceptance for gay people and would never allow two people of the same sex to be joined for eternity. A sad situation if you ask me.

Junior Member TheNotoriousPeIeG's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The law of the land does not require them to. Your question is a non-sequitor

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, they do not. Marriage between same sex couple is still not allowed in the Temples nor can they be done by bishops of that sect. I am not sure of their stance regarding same sex LDS couple who marry via other religious ceremonies or civil ceremonies; but I know the LDS church does not condone or perform gay marriages anywhere.

The polygamy change was a completely different thing. It was possible for that change to be church-wide. The gay marriage issue would not be a church-wide thing, and no church allows something one place and not another, no matter what church it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, they do not. Marriage between same sex couple is still not allowed in the Temples nor can they be done by bishops of that sect. I am not sure of their stance regarding same sex LDS couple who marry via other religious ceremonies or civil ceremonies; but I know the LDS church does not condone or perform gay marriages anywhere.
    The polygamy change was a completely different thing. It was possible for that change to be church-wide. The gay marriage issue would not be a church-wide thing, and no church allows something one place and not another, no matter what church it is.