Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a lesbian teenager, and i just want to be normal. Help?

My name is Briana and i'm 17. My whole life i've been fighting against my sexuality, i'm a lesbian, and no matter how hard i try...i can't be a normal girl. It hurts so much because I just hate myself. I can't have a real wedding, i can't give my mom grandchildren, i can't do the "boy talk" with the other girls In class, i have to dress in the bathroom instead using the girls lockers, and i'm constantly the odd girl out with guyscand girls. I feel so hopeless, it's so impossible to change and idk what to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I'm 17 also. I just came out 2 months ago. Since then, mostly, I've gotten positive feedback. Since I'm not flamboyant, people were cool about it. They were actually surprised. I agree with you 100% about fighting it. You can't fight it, and if you feel like no one will accept you, you're wrong. The world and society is changing. It took me a while to realize that. Yes, it might hurt your mom about the grandchildren, but in the end, it's all about you being happy. Don't let anyone get in your way of being happy. You will find true friends no matter what. Like, my guy friends don't care if I start talking about guys. I told them from the get go, I'm not interested in you, so don't get scared. Don't strain yourself, don't hate yourself. "Normal" doesn't exist. Don't let anyone tell you what is "normal". In the end, it's all on you. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your a lesbian but that's not a bad thing. My grandmother is a lesbian and she has a son, my father. Her life partner is my other grandma and she's got kids of her own as well. Artificial insemination. You shouldn't hate yourself there's nothing wrong with you. If your feeling alone then find some gay friends, they'll understand what your going through and they'll help you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think you should accept who you are. It'll make you less miserable and have some people help you out if you are having problems.

come out to your parents, if you're not ready then don't do it yet.

I got rid of the link, but have some people who are accepting of others help you out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Find some other gay friends then you won't feel so weird and like you are the "odd one out".
    Stop hating yourself. You can still have a wedding ceremony, children, and whatever else it's just going to be a little different than you may have pictured it for yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Normal is a...special word lol. Everyone feels different things and is different! and that is the beauty of being human! I dont know if being gay is okay...if you strongly feel its not, find a support group, religion something to help guide you down a different path and help you deal with those feelings. I saw someone comment get some gay friends you sure as hell could do that too! just try all your options from both views

Downloads
    Uploads
    From a Mom's point of view I would tell you:
    Total confusion is pretty normal at your age...chill, it will pass.
    Who says being a lesbian isn't normal? It's just as normal for you to be a lesbian as it is for my daughter to be straight.
    You can have a real wedding and someday we can hope that the government will wake up and make it a legal marriage.
    Of course you can give your mom grandchildren.
    Yeah, it does stink that you can't share your feelings as openly as the other girls, I'll leave it to someone who's lived through that to give you insights on how to cope.
    This feeling of hating yourself comes from the prejudices voiced by a society that is blind to reality. Do not feed into it.
    You are going through your teenage years which are, in and of themselves, some of the hardest years you will experience. Do not despair. You are just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The first thing you have to do is realize that you ARE normal and that being lesbian is nothing to be ashamed of. It's less common, but it doesn't make you inferior in any way. Fighting against it is only going to cause pain; accepting it is when you can begin to feel good about yourself.

Don't constantly compare yourself to straight people. It's not the same thing. Also, don't try to live to please everyone. If your mom can only be pleased by having grandchildren from you (which you can still do with adoption or a surrogate), then that is a completely different problem on its own.

I felt weird too when I first realized I was gay. I thought about not having a wedding (which you can do in certain places), I thought about how embarrassing it was to not be able to talk about girls with other guys, I even thought about the grandchildren thing. But I realized that it's not going to change and instead, I should focus on what I am and how I can make the most out of it instead of constantly feeling I am in a bad situation.

Meeting other gay people (even on the internet) really helped me. Good luck.

I must sound lame being younger than you, but I'm out of the closet now and I've accepted myself for a while. And it's awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    y do u dress out in the bathroom? u can have grandchildren(artificial insemination)

yeah like exception said; go get some guy friends that are cool. i loved my lesbian friends in high school

Downloads
    Uploads
    you'll be a lot happier if you just accept who u are. real talk. u can still have grand kids through artificial insemination. and u can have a wedding whether its recognized as official in ur state or not. i used to feel odd during "boy talk" but if u find some friends that are comfortable wit who u r once u become comfortable, they can talk about boys and u can talk about girls. its all really the same complaints lol. or get some guys friends or even better a lesbian friend or two. dont hate yourself. u have to love yourself cause its the only you you're gonna get.