Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member zXxTheDarkWithinxXz's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm 14, lesbian, and afraid I'm going to hell for it?

I have been told I'm going to hell A LOT by my Christian friends when I told them I'm gay. I don't know how but after a while, the words just sunk into me and I feel like I'm going to hell. It's a really disturbing thought to picture myself waking up in burning flames after dying and burning in there forever. What is something I can do to get rid of this feeling? I never expected to care but I slowly started to listen to them more after the thousandth and now I feel like they're right.

Just so you know, I can't bring myself to be straight, so leave that advice out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I don't believe that for a second..and if you read the bible, nothing in it states lesbians or gays go to hell. People like to twist things in order to scare people into behaving a certain way. Your friends are only reciting what they've been taught.

But yeah..the bible states all sins are forgiven, does it not? You're fine..and I'm sure you're a good person .

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, there is no hell or god, religion was born from mankind's inability to explain certain natural phenomena in stone age/medieval times etc. when we didn't have scientific reasoning or the ability to understand the natural world.

Secondly, if your friends treat you like this then why hang around with them? They'll only drag you down and that's a bad thing. Also are you out to your parents?

If not I suggest you either a probe them very very carefully to see what there response is, since some parents will kick you out etc.

Thirdly, find a local support group within your area where you can go to chat find out more information with like minded people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    God loves you honey more than your friends or anyone else on Earth ever will. God loves you for who you are so never ever be afraid of what will happen to you. If your friends want to scare you like this then it's them who has the problem. God will be more upset with them for judging you. Find some friends who love you for who you are. Don't be afraid. Hugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are young, you may just grow out of it... I did. I was probably sixteen when I grew out of it. Those are awful friends to be calling themselves Christians... they are like Job's friends in the Bible. They should be praying for you, not cursing you! I am married with two kids now so I might not have brought myself straight but God can do it if you want him to. Technically the Bible does say that homosexual relations between males is a sin, but it does not mention female gays anywhere. What were the other 297 wives and 700 concubines supposed to do for the other 364 days of the year when it wasn't their turn right?! Could you imagine 300 wives on the rag at the same time?!