Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'll be back 2 answer this question

Downloads
    Uploads

If God would allow someone to be born with a mental illness, why not be born gay?

I mean genes are strong. So if someone is born with bipolar/schizophrenic genes, why couldn't someone not be born gay?

And if people are "born gay" why can't people be born child molesters?
    I know it's not the same thing but it is the same concept.

Please, i'm not trying to blaspheme in any shape, form, or fashion. And i know it all boils down to choice, but just because we choose does not mean that the homosexual/child molestation lifestyle itself is not apart of genetics. (bare in mind, with morals, ethics and law set aside, both very well are possible)

I know there maybe no real answer; but I guess I am just curious about everyone's thoughts. I am a christian but I am also a psychology major while minoring in biology.

(Fellow Christians, please don't retort mean things unless you have something meaningful to back it up...Every1 else, please dont say nething disrespecful a/b my spiritual beliefs)

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have been told that homosexuality is not a mental illness. The comparison fails.

You're in some really weird water with your questions. The field of psychiatry is not even in agreement about the pathology of mental illness and especially pedophilia.

But we do have laws. And I live in the law, although my undergrad degree is in Psychology. Perhaps I chose the field of law because it's nice and neat. We focus on behavior, not the cause.

Genetically speaking, a gay gene would occur how? I mean just think about this in terms of the survival of the species.