Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How would you deal with being refused service at a bar because of your sexuality?

On Mardi Gras my fiance and I went to the local gay bar with my sister and her girlfriend. (obviously, my fiance is a man, I am a woman, we're both straight - my sister and her girlfriend, obviously homosexual) When we got there my fiance and I were refused service because I we were not homosexual - how do I know this? My sister knows the bartender, and before we left this woman said to my sister "why would they want to come here, they're not GAY!"

I'm offended!! I love my sister and I support her 100% as well as her girlfriend, I have tons of friends that are gay who go to that bar - and I get refused service because I'm not homosexual? I was disgusted!! I've been there before countless times and never had a problem!!

What should I do? I feel like it discrimination! I should not be refused service, or for that matter be kicked out of a bar simple because of my sexuality!

Can I get the police involved about this? Or the better buisness bureau? Or someone!?
    I understand that as a straight person I am a majority, but what I cant understand is how someone who wants to be accepted so bad by society would do something like this... I personally know the bartender - in fact- we went to HS together and she was deathly afraid of comming out because she was afraid of people mistreating her because she is gay - now she's doing it to other people because they're straight... I dont understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You cant sue or involve the po po because its a private bar and they have the right to refuse service however you could get that dude fired if u talk to the manager probly

Junior Member AMilliAMilliAMilli's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    have that gay bitch arrested

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could expect the same thing if I went into a straight bar with my boyfriend, whether or not I was for straight rights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are in a majority, so no there's not a lot you can do.

Think of it this way, there can be black parades or gay parades, but have you seen just a white parade?