So, as we all know it, there's loads of people on internet these days saying prius is the "gayest" car ever built..But what's the reason for it?

I mean it's definitely not pretty by any means, but where did the "gayness" of the car came from? The car looks fine to me(although i'm not a fan of that big white LED tail light design), it's just a normal hatchback car..

Is it the power people are bashing about? How it's slow and everything? But it's using a 1.8L engine with an electric motor that's the same size engine as the ones found in civic and corolla. How come people don't call those cars or cars with even smaller engines gay?

I’m looking to purchase a prius and test drove one the other day, and it feels just like an normal car, it can keep up to speed with other drivers fine, and it cruise at 80mph on highway without any problem… it’s not a race track car by any means, but I mean for an everyday use car, it’s perfect. Who needs a V6 engine to drive to work every day when half the time they are stuck in traffic? Coming from a V6 Avalon I seriously did not feel any difference or lag in everyday use…

Or is it the “environmentalist” thing people are criticizing about? I don’t understand how prius got associated with environmentalist to begin with…I’m not an environmentalist at all, and I heard the making of prius battery hurts the environment more. But so what? I seriously don’t care if I’m hurting the environment or helping it, I just want to save some gas money and I love all the electronic gadgets. If the car destroys the earth, well then so be it. My point is, can’t normal people that are not environmentalist buy this car just because they like the technology and the ability to save some fuel in traffic jam? Not to mention the maintaince cost for the prius is also less than many other cars (coming from a friend owned a 2007 prius).

What’s your opinion on this? I simply don’t understand where did all the hate towards prius came from…..did some celebrity that's gay drive this car some time back..? Or did it just all originate from a couple stupid hyper-milers that's going ridiculously slow and holding up tons of traffic....