Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I tell my parents I'm bisexual?

I was born and am being raised in a very strict Christian family. How do I tell them I don't believe in what they believe, and that I'm bisexual? I go to church every Sunday with them, and just last week the sermon was on how wrong homosexuality is and how every single person is a bad person, etc.,, and listened to my parents discuss how good a sermon it was all the way home.

How do I tell them? They already know that I'm not a Christian, but I'm afraid to tell them this. How should I go about it?
    I'm a junior in high school, but I've known since I was in middle school. I HAVE dropped hints to my parents and sistters before, but they either don't understand or just plain ignore them.

I am not close to my family at all. Being the only non-Christian in my home, every one tends to ignore me. When that isn't happening, we're constantlt arguing. Oh, and there's 7 of us, my mom, dad, 3 sisters, and a brother.

I'm afraid that if I tell them, they won't believe me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How old are you? In my opinion you should tell then you are most comfortable with telling them. There is no time limit on something like this. Here is the real question: Why tell them at all? You already know how they are going to react. Tell when you are older and out of the house. This is your life and these are your choices that you have to live with, not them.