Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

have any of you overcome your sexuality?

i was never in denile, i knew it. i used to think i was gay, i had mostly girl friends and hardly any guy friends i always just got along with them better because i was abused by my father. people teased me about it always calling me a fag or a queer. then my friend adam told me to talk to the school counselor because i really couldnt handle the torture and i ws really confused and didnt want to live that way. and she refered me to a therapist and psychologist. i learned that i actaully was not gay, but bi-curious. I was simply under peer pressure, and was giving in to the bullying from kids at school. i learned that i was actually just seeking the attention of guys because i wanted to be more like them and wanted to make friends with them. like i said i never fit in with them and i always wanted to fit in better so that the bullying would stop. i have since dated only girls and never have those bad thoughts anymore. i just want to know if any of you guys out there have an coming out or similar experiences of bicuriosity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was in fifth grade this boy I was friends with were kinda... I'm not sure what to call it. We were laying in his bed, rubbing on each other, agreeing it felt good. Then his asshole brother barged in, saw us, and was all "Oh god that's gross! You two are sick!"
    It made me feel bad, so embarrassed. I don't know if I talked to the boy again, it makes me sad thinking of it now, because he was a sweetheart, I wonder where it would have gone. Anyhow, I repressed my liking of guys, and was "normal" til I was 20 or so. Trying to date girls, having bad luck, etc. Then I met this guy and I couldn't deny he turned me on. I slowly started think I was bi, but I didn't realize until several months ago that I just wasn't interested in girls. It feels good to know how I feel, how I really feel. Next step is telling others... My cousin knows, that's all. I'm deathly afraid of telling my family and friends, I'm so scared.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well bi-curiosity surely exists... but your story seems a little bit like *brain-wash*. I hope I'm wrong...

BTW, thinking about gay sex is absolutely not bad thoughts. It's okay, it's normal.

Anyway, as long as you're happy now, it's all that matters really !

Downloads
    Uploads
    One doesn't overcome being gay or bi-sexual. Most bi-sexual people end up prefering one sex over the other. For instance i have been in a hetero and monogamousd marriage for 27 years, but i am a bisexual person who mostly prefers women. I still see some male I think are nice to look at, but have no trouble being faithful.

It is not bad or wrong to be gay or bi-sexual, it is just a different orientation. Coming to terms with ones sexuality in ones teens is quite and experience and yes some people are just bi-curious, you apparently are one. But a true gay person is gay. I will never stop being bisexual, but it is not likely I will ever be in any relationship but my hetero marriage. My wife knows of my sexuality because she knew me as a young man and teen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You were never gay in the first place so there was nothing to "overcome". People cannot change their sexuality and putting your little story here is not helping anyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you really asking a question or just trying to lecture us? Sorry I'm bisexual, I'm happy as I am, why should I see a therapist or give up some of my options; and for what?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alas, it's a fairly common situation, and a very painful one. For some people--men or women-- it takes years of adjustment and work to find out who they really are. Some find out too late, sometimes in old age. That is terribly sad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I struggle with it. I was raped by a male and I've been dating females ever since...I thought I was gay though and just never realized that it stems from that. I believe that I'm actually straight but with a polluted mind.