Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have any of you experienced gay-related violence?

Last year, homosexuals were the only group that experienced an increase in hate crimes in the United States.

I don't think heterosexuals are aware that hate crime laws specifically mention real OR PERCEIVED sexual orientation. Were you aware of the recent case where two brothers leaving a church service (or support group, something Christian) were mistaken for a gay couple and beaten, to the point where one of them died from his head injury?

In high school, in the eighth largest school district in Ohio in a mostly white, affluent suburb, I was pinned against a classroom wall with a knife to my throat, only for defending a gay friend. This friend was later moved to the alternative school, primarily for discipline cases and presumed drop outs, for his own safety.

Another user mentioned in the question about what to say instead of, "I'm sorry for your loss," that her brother was killed for being gay and received at least 4 thumbs down.

What is wrong with people?

So you think it's a choice, or a sin, or whatever, but how is it enough for you to think that violence is an appropriate response to somebody trying to live and love like anyone else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    americans remind me of a lynch mob

Downloads
    Uploads
    americans remind me of a lynch mob