Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gay and or lesbian people, how would you feel about this?

I have a friend at school named Sam* who is gay...and just about everyone in the whole school knows he is gay. I am not gay myself but have absolutely nothing against him (well he is my friend duh)...and respect his sexuality very much He and I hang with a group of about 8 people, and they all accept him the way he is! We are all pretty much 16.

Anyway...some girl commented on how I had selective hearing today. While another girl said..."hes a guy, what can you expect". Sam joined in to say that he heard everything, and does not suffer from selective hearing. The first girl then tells him..."Your gay, of course you dont!" but in a friendly way as if it wasnt intended to offend him.

A few people have had him stay the day, and when faced to introduce him to their parents...they say, "mum, this is Sam...hes gay" and leave it at that. This really annoys me! Yes Sam is gay...but there is no need to tell everyone in the universe, every couple of minutes! I wouldnt introduce you to my parents mentioning the fact you were sexually straight. I wouldn't relate every single activity we do with your sexuality. I guess I just wanna hear some opinions from gay or lesbian people themselves who go through this. Does it annoy you to be reminded of your sexuality constantly? Or to experiance moments like these?
    "Hey have you seen Sam today?"
    "Oh which Sam?"
    "Sam...gay Sam"

I guess maybe I just care too much, but I fully respect peoples choices, and him being gay is really no big deal that has to be brought up all the time.

*Sam - name used to keep privacy

Unregistered
    I don't like it, either. I don't introduce people saying "This is Michelle, she's black" or "This is Mark, his favorite color is blue and has brown eyes". It's something the homosexual should announce on his or her own terms.