Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gay, Christmas and family?

Here's the story. I'm 28 and gay. My father was born in Seden, and my mother in Germany. My father was pure Swedish, and my mother's family was a mix of Lithuanian and German, but lived in Germany. My grandparents stayed in those countries, but my parents came here about 20 years ago to live. Both sets of grandparents flew here a few days ago to celebrate Christmas with my parents (both my parents are the only children their parents had), and my siblings and their wives/husbands.

I'm currently seeing a biracial man, 43 years old, who is bisexual, and had two kids (boys, aged 19 and 15) from a previous marriage, where his wife died. They'll be spending Christmas with us too, but I am really nervous, as none of my grandparents know I'm gay, nor seeing a biracial man 15 years older than me with two teenage sons. They always thought I was straight, as I have an 8 year old son from a previous straight relationship, when I didn't know I was gay. My parents took the news hard, so I don't know how they'll take it, and am scared they'll be really upset, and it may cause controversy on Christmas, which I really want to enjoy, having a good time with family and remembering Jesus.

Pleasy any advice? Thanks so much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You really should have done this a bit different. You should have went straight to your grandparents and sit down and told them the truth, after you told your parents. Now it will be a shock all at once, they could have prepared for this earlier but you really did not give them a chance.

I wish you luck, but it still will be hard.