Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have a gay "girlfriend"?

I don't mean the sexual type of relationship. I mean a gay person who you love to hang out with, shop, he does your hair and make-up for you for special events, and he loves to gossip!

I mean a gay guy who is your best girlfriend.

Women and men can answer but I expect the majority of answers will come from women.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can talk about anything with my brother, even men - we recently had a conversation about how he couldn't get a date. Here's some background:

After coming out of a bad relationship, he decided that he needed to take sex and relationships out of the equation for a while, so he became celibate. He had since been dating, and on the third date, he would tell them about this decision. After telling them, no one ever called him back. I told him that he is leading them on, and I would be pissed to go through 3 dates with a flirty guy (and my brother is VERY flirty!), and not get anything. It's like false advertising! I told him to tell them right off the bat - and he did. Now he is in a good relationship (for almost 2 months!) with an understanding, handsome, and comfortable ( not poor, not wealthy, just comfortable) man, who understands what he is doing and why.

I have made another gay friend in Western Washington, who has helped me solve a few of my personal problems. I consider his opinion to be highly regarded.

I don't care what one's sexual preference is (as long as it does not involve children!), I value everyone due to their weaknesses, strengths, and personality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All the things that you just mentioned. We shop, does my make up, helps me decide what to wear and giggles when I tell him about my dates, how it was.Gays are really fun to be with, the have a woman's heart. It is really an advantage coz he also works in a beauty salon, he knows all the hair and make -up stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He was so funny, and we just thought alike, and had the same sense of humor!! I have been around gay men from the time I can remember - my parents were very liberal, so it was no big deal to me. Around the same time I dropped out of college my friend John moved to New York - we wrote letters for awhile, but then just lost touch, as it so often happens.

I used to wish he could be straight so we could get together, but then he wouldn't have been the person he was!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    We always go out on "dates" to expensive restaurants or we take day trips to do some shopping. We have so much fun. We gossip and I try to keep him out of trouble. He always tells me the he is my safe date. Always tell him that I will pray for him. He replies " You'll be in church until Wednesday". He is a great person and I love him dearly!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hang out with one of my other co-workers who is also unmarried (one of the few, if not the only other unmarried one.) I'm her "default boyfriend" and she's my "default girlfriend."

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...she's a woman. A lesbian and my best friend of 17 years. She'll help me color my hair, but she's no good for shopping at all. She hates it as much as I do. However, if you need something amazing crafted out of wood, she's your woman. She has talent pouring out of her!