Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will Asian actors/actress ever be able to make it big in Hollywood?

15-20 years ago Black people never even got a role other than being a ghetto or gangster or poor people. Now it seems that Asians are still struggling with Hollywood. Seriously other than Harold and Kumar I have yet to seen an Asian with a lead role that doesn't involve the character having an asian background or a martial arts expert.

I'm not saying Asians should be playing as James Bond or Captain America (hell even Black people shouldn't) but why can't they have a leading role in movies like 21 Jump Street, Zombieland, etc
    Most of Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies involves them being a martial arts master...I guess Lucy Liu is one.
    Again Bruce Lee was a martial arts master

I'M ASKING FOR ACTORS WHO DOESN'T PLAY THE STEREOTYPE ASIANS OR MARTIAL ARTIST! READ PROPERLY PLEASE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you not seen any Jackie chan or jet li movies? Also Lucy Liu is a pretty big name actress... You just aren't looking

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see TONS of Asian Hollywood actors. To list a few off the top of my head, there's, Lucy liu Ken Jeong, Janel Parrish, Sandra Oh, Jenna Ushkowitz, Brenda Song, Kristin Kreuk, Anna Perez De Tagle, Jamie Chung and Masi Oka. I don't think any of them play stereotype Asians..

Downloads
    Uploads
    they won't

Downloads
    Uploads
    Although Asians are underrepresented there are still some out there. Keanu Reeves is Chinese Hawaiian Caucasian and he's a legitimate leading man. Maggie Q, Tia Carrere, Kelly Hu, Bai Ling, and lots of others as well. Let's not also forget that Asians do better than average economically and academically, so who's to say they even want to branch off and be successful in Hollywood. Being an actor's not all that awesome.