Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think the trash coming out of Hollywood is contributing to the hatred

Muslims has towards the U.S.? The Muslim world seems to have a more strict moral fiber than the West as far as sex, foul language, homosexuality and divorce. I have heard that the Muslim nations fear that this trash will soon infect their society and are going to do whatever it takes to stop the spread of immorality they see coming from Hollywood and the West.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that some Muslims are using that as an excuse. Those people are making the choice to hate something or be against it, and that is their choice; did that not exist, they might find something else to be against.

Any time that a group wants to take away behavior largely practiced by another group, we should be more skeptical of the first group's desire to control others than of the allegedly immoral behavior practiced by the second group.

And as the Muslim world, since we're only talking about a stereotype of it anyway, is frequently the source of news stories about men throwing acid into the faces of schoolgirls and other such gems, I'm not entirely sure how that makes them better than gay people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    there is deffinitely a lot of hate towards muslims. especially the way hollywood always portrays them as terrorists. i have yet to see a movie, except for syriana, which they dont portray them as that. but even in that movie most middle easterns are seen as bullies and arrogant, which is not true at all about us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The white hype/ non white bashing trash that comes out of Hollywood is contributing to everyone hating us, except teenage girls which become totally white washed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SO I had a fiend I worked with . She was dissoned because she left her country to come to America and join the US army and fight in the war against her people. Before I learn about that she was always talking about how they get all the same midia over there that we have. As distasteful as HW is, they love the drama too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should really go talk to someone in the Muslim world before you spout off about things. This "trash" already "infects" their culture, and has for twenty to fifty years. It's a global culture now, hon. And, yes, this irritates the old-school fundies, just as it does in America. The young people generally really appreciate it.

And this isn't what's causing the hate. People don't hate over stupid stuff like this. People hate because the US has directly killed millions of Muslims over the past two decades and supported brutal tyrants who killed millions more since WWII. If, say, China come to the US, assassinated the elected leader, and installed a sympathetic tyrant who built giant political prisons and tortured millions of Americans to death, don't you think Americans might hate China?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. That is not a good depiction of the world. Moslems live in all countries, and nobody believes, (or should believe) that the predominant religion in a country guarantees the 'moral fibre' of the people who live there. (Divorce law is carefully laid down in Islamic law - whereas Catholic countries do not accept it at all). The levels of homosexuality in certain predominantly Moslem countries have been famous for centuries. 'foul language' is entirely dependent on the custom of a time and place -all religions look down on blasphemy, but that is not the same thing.

If you are referring to Moslems in the Middle East, - most of the films they watch are Bollywood stuff dubbed into Egyptian Arabic by the Egyptian TV companies. So what they are mostly watching comes from the Hindus anyway.

You are stereotyping both people who are Moslems and the whole of what you think of as 'the West'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, the Muslims generally hate nations and people who are not Muslim. Period.

Strict moral fiber in Muslim world means justifying heinous crimes like killing and punishing women left and right for stupid reasons like talking with their nephews.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they don't want to watch our movies, no one's forcing them, and why would we care if they don't? Those who want to hate Americans will find an excuse, and this is just the latest.

And I'm not sure their "strict moral fiber" is a desirable quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they don't want to watch our movies, no one's forcing them, and why would we care if they don't? Those who want to hate Americans will find an excuse, and this is just the latest.

And I'm not sure their "strict moral fiber" is a desirable quality.