Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What would cause a 1994 dodge caravan 3L V6 engine to misfire, idle high, and...

...have an excessive gas smell? Our 1994 Dodge caravan started to act up 3 months ago by misfiring, idling low, engine vibrates, and having an excessive gas smell as well as blowing blue smoke. It first only started when it would rain and then it would resolve itself. 5 days ago it acted up again but this time it did not resolve itself. I checked the fuel injectors and they seemed to be fine but after I did this the engine stated to idle excessively high. It was almost as if the gas pedal was stuck. Would a sensor cause the engine to misfire, idle slow, vibrate engine, and leave a strong gas smell lingering in the air. If so what one and how would I go about fixing them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check for proper vacuum line connections, could be as simple as a small vacuum leak.. You may have other intermittent sensor problems also. But it sounds like you disconnected a vacuum line.