Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Can I put 2 male rabbits in a cage together or will they fight?

I have a male rabbit and I want to get another male but some one told me that they will fight if in a cage together. Is this true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They will fight 99.9% of the time. Sometimes if both are neutered they can be introduced successfully. But, if you're going to neuter, a spayed female will be a much easier introduction than a neutered male. Your male will need to be neutered, though, regardless of the sex of his companion, as otherwise he will be constantly attempting to hump the other rabbit, and believe me that would make any rabbit cranky.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had two males that I bought together and they got along until their testosterone came in; then even though I had them nuetered they still fought. I raised rabbits for 10 yrs and only had two rabbits that even got along with each other a female and a male. Always get your rabbits neutered or spayed (females can get cancer if not). It also makes them more docile. You can train them to use the litter box too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    they will fight

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqqNe3Mn_AozHXmic4jimQfty6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20090330213750AAIliM6

Unregistered
    they will hump each other even if they both are boys as i have put two boys to geva and they hump each other but dnt fight