Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I put a rape scene in my fantasy novel?

Hey peoples I'm almost 14 and writting a fantasy novel.

It's about a girl who goes to an all monster school,by accident, at first she's really mean to a vampire, Cruor, who is from a clan of vampires that use dark magic to release demons from Hell. She befriends a fox girl who is always looking after her. But later on in the story Cruor and Ceres, the main character, fall in love and she is turned into a vampire. Yuki, the fox girl, gives her the antidote because the same thing happened to her before. So Cruor goes insane and tries to turn them both into vampires permenatly.

And that's how far I am, which is about 100 pages, but I was thinking that Cruor should turn Ceres into a vampire and rape her, but afterwards she is able to go back to the human world, and for the second book she could have a son, Cruor's baby, and have him being a vampire tring to live in the human world.

Is that good? Should I not include it? Is there enough pages for me to stop writing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rape is an act of domination but also an act of weakness. So, if you want the Cruor character to be seen as a weak bully, then rape would work. If you don't, and want his character to have more strength and power, then leave the rape out. Good luck with the novel!! : P

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can put anything you like in a fantasy novel but make sure it is relevant to the story. If it is not relevant then you could not only be wasting your time but you could also be ruining a good story. Good luck with your writing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't include the rape thing, it takes a lot of experience as a writer to write that kind of a scene the right way and I believe you are too young for that. 100 pages do seem short for an average book but knowing that you're 14 that's actually very good. Also, vampires are quite overused so they don't quite make a good topic lately, but from what I gathered from your description, your story seems original enough. Think it all through, though. Maybe you'll come up with some new plot twists and write a series after all. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not include a rape scene just to have a rape scene. Putting rape in to a story is not against any rules, but do not do it just to have it done. If the actual rape is meant to represent something, if it is meant to play a larger role in something, then yes, but do it with as much tact as possible. I don't believe many people enjoy reading a rape scene, but I have read some and I did see their point, and their inclusion was necessary for a large picture. Just ask yourself what purpose it would serve and decide if it needs to be rape.
    If you are meaning to use it to strip the main female character of all her power, to take away her innocence, and show the rapist as evil...then perhaps, but do not have them later decide to be together. If the rape is essential because you want the aspect of the child...decide if a rape is what needs to occur for the conception, or perhaps just a poor decision on the male/female part. Tread lightly on this, and decide what role is truly serves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, this may just be me because i have a thing against rape, but thinking of a vampire raping someone instead of doing stuff like sucking blood, raising demons, or even being the good guy, just doesn't sound right to me. But like I said, I could just be too blind to see the overall meaning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please do not put a rape scene!!!!It sounds really good so far!!!! Here is a tip though.... You should type it on www.worthyofpublishing.com tons of people would read it,and you may get it published!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No keep it like that. no raping please

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rape just to show that the bad guy is bad isn't the best idea. if it's relevent and necesary there's no problem with it. but make sure it is.