Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Paul

Acer travelmate 280 have bluetooth?

I got an acer tavelmate 280 series off my aunt the other day. Its only old sorta but 2.2ghz pentium 4 processor. The laptop has a bluetooth symbol on the front with a light and a button inside the laptop with a wireless and bluetooth symbol. I found all the drivers i could find for the laptop installed them but there was no bluetooth drivers. I have to use a usb wireless adapter for the internet. Does anyone know if its possible to actually find out if this laptop does have bluetooth? and if you can is there a way to get the drivers to install the bluetooth hardware? Thanks

Bassman1
    If the lap top has a sticker on the bottom showing wireless and blue tooth then yes it came with the cards built in. Look in hardware from control panel for installed hardware and drivers. they may just need to be enabled. You can go to Dell Customer Support and Downloads, also to Microsoft Customer Support and Downloads for drivers and help.
    Click on start, click on all programs, click on accessories, click on tools, click on system information. If she purchase the lap top new ask her if she has the Recovery CD's for the operating system or you can order from Dell and reinstall the OS and start fresh with every thing installed as it came from Dell.
    Hope this helps