Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

xbox vs ps3 vs wii for use as a blue ray dvd player and some gaming?

blue ray dvd players are comparable to the ps3 in price. the only console i have ever owned is the first playstaion. i loved abes odyssey and games similar to that and resident evil. is the ps3 the only console that comes blueray out of the box? do any of you guys own two or more of the major console systems out there? what should i buy? seems like they all are rip offs coming w/ only one controller and no games.... thanks for any input!

Downloads
    Uploads
    well up to u, if u like Ur activity games such as tennis sport fun,then wii is for u, if u like Ur computer games then x box is for u, and finally ps3 is the ones who prefer games with better quality,

Downloads
    Uploads
    The PS3 is the only console that plays blu-ray, period. The 360 plays regular DVDs striaght out of the box and plays the now defunct HD-DVD format with the purchase of the add-on drive. The Wii does not play DVDs at all without 'hacks'. You'd have to pay extra for a Gold subscription to stream netflix with the 360, but both the 360 and PS3 have purchaseable high-def content to watch instead of DVDs/blu-ray discs.

Many games are now cross-platform between the PS3 and 360, so you're not missing much if you get a PS3 over a 360 unless you're a Halo fan or something (which since you haven't played, I'd guess wouldn't be the case).

Downloads
    Uploads
    i recomend the ps3 if ur into shooting games cos with the original xbox the used triggers which u pulled with ur index finger to shoot but now ur supposed to have ur fingers on the bumpers so u have to shoot with ur middle finger which fells retarded but with ps3 u still shoot with u index finger
    ps3s menu screens also look better and but doesn't have many exclusive games but halos old now and people r going to be playing modern warfare two from the next few years

so get a ps3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wii- FUN family console
    Xbox- Hardcore gamers
    Ps3-Online gameplay and the only console that plays blu ray.
    Every body says xbox live is better and thats a lie. People go for the cheaper consoles and guess what its the xbox 360! Playstation will always be in my heart! No offence xbox fan boys. Xbox 360 is a good console though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the super nintendo, gaming consoles have usually come with only a controller and no games, so that's no big deal. None of the other systems come with blu-ray players, but the Xbox 360 has other options, such as 1080p video downloads (the same resolution as blu-ray movies) and streaming with Netflix. I own a 360 and a Wii, but am considering buying the PS3 ever since the price reduction. I would say it depends on the games you would like to play. Do a little research on the PS3 and the 360, and if the 360's games seem more your style, then buy that. If you would rather have the blu-ray player, then get that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own the Xbox 360 and PS 3 and the PS 3 is the only one with Blu-ray out of the box.