Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is so special about blu ray?

is it really worth it to spend that much money on blu ray dvd players? it sort of seems like a rip off.
    i think they should be less expensive its only better picture quality.......

......so amazing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont really understand it either. i think people should just stick with DVDs, they seem fine to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I watch 5+ movies a week so I figured it would be worth my money to purchase a blu-ray player.. Of course most of the movies on Blu-ray I have already seen (or own on regular DVD) but I am glad to see The Criterion is converting their collection to Blu-Ray as well.. I already picked up Chungking Express, The Third Man, and cannot wait for The 400 Blows to be released as well (unfortunately they are doing few releases at a time)

Most movies I watch (classics and foreign) are not on Blu-Ray yet.. But the new movies that are just coming out and being released on Blu-Ray- No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, look amazing..
    It's not only better picture quality.. They also include a lot more special features as there is a ton more memory on a Blu-Ray disc than standard DVD. This is a nice feature if you like commentary, director interviews, etc. With some brand new Blu-Rays (apparently Wanted- even though the movie is crap) there is enough room to allow you to view the film in different in different camera angles- which is insane.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing.

Or the fact that is is the single highest-definition format on the market.

Or a combination of the 3...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing.

Or the fact that is is the single highest-definition format on the market.
    Or a combination of the 3...

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're an avid movie watcher and have the extra money then it is definately worth it. The picture quality is amazing. We got ours for free with our TV. However, if you dont have a lot of free money then id probably spend my money on other things.