Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is the difference between blueray hd and normal dvd's?

as in if i am watching a movie in dvd and blue what difference would i see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are clearer,brighter,better sound etc:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blu-ray has two obvious advantages.

1) It has a higher definition resolution. This may not be obvious depending on various factors such as the size and quality of the TV, the distance from the display, and how observant you are (A good example is the movie Cars ... the SD version is obviously less clear on my TV.) Is it a big difference? Not really. But people really into video quality appreciate the difference (Note that newer movies is where you will see the difference, especially CGI)

2) Blu-ray supports lossless audio. Many people don't know about good audio. They simply don't know what to listen for. That's not a bad thing, really. If you are not big into audio quality, with a good set of speakers and a good setup in general, I would not worry about this. Lossy audio off DVD is VERY good quality, and it's hard to tell the difference in audio quality (at least one test showed this)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blueray HD is a lot better than a normal DVD. Blueray offers better sound, better graphics, and makes you feel like you are part of the movie. However, Blueray is more expensive than a normal DVD. Hope this helped!