I am about to purchase a BlackBerry Curve 8530 phone and my mother who has a Blackberry Playbook 2.0 is living overseas so the reason I am thinking to buy this BB phone is to easily stay in communication with her.
I already have an iPod Touch 4 and got her the Playbook to video chat and use instant messenger essentially, but unfortunately there is nothing compatible (as far as I have found out) between this 2 Op Systems when it comes to instant communication other than Facebook; I mean, there is not a Skype app, nor Voxer app, or eBuddy, etc..etc.. compatible with Playbook at this point.
After complaining and being disappointed of the Playbook, I finally decided to get something compatible with it... in the end, my mom ---even though she hates the fact that she can't video chat with nobody that don't have the Playbook....NOBODY--- she likes this thing to entertain herself with Facebook and games.
Me, on the other hand, I am working on getting a device that's compatible with her toy.
Since I don't like the Playbook and I am no willing to quit my iTouch, I want to purchase a BlackBerry Curve 8530, since my phone company has it and I pay very little for phone service, so I'm happy with it.
What are your opinions? Is it easy to stay in touch with apps between Blackberry Playbook 2.0 and BlackBerry Curve 8530?

Btw, my mom lives in Mexico and I live in the States.
Thanks.