If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Junior Member jessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    what is the name of the of the plug that you can use to get internet through

    the wiring of your house? i remember seeing something about a plug where you plug one into an outlet where the modem is and connect the modem to the plug through an ethernet cable, and then in another room you connect a computer or something to another plug through an ethernet cable, and you have internet. i forgot to save the link so can somebody tell me the name of this thing

  2. #2
    Member ioerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I think the ones you want are are called wall plugged ethernet bridges, or powerline network bridges, or powerline ethernet adapters. =Powerline-Networking

    They also have "power over ethernet" devices, but that's not the same thing.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 08:03 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 12:18 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:13 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.