Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

How to install an HDMI cable into my Comcast HD DVR box and remove the

component cables? Here's the summary...

I recently found out that the Comcast HD box that I have supports HDMI. So I decided to steal the HDMI cable from my ps3 to my TV just to see how the picture looks using the HDMI with the comcast HD box. But I couldn't really tell the difference between the component and HDMI and when I tried removing the component cables while the HDMI was still plugged in the picture went blank. I thought that you would only need an HDMI and not component cables... I want to know hwo to get a full HD picture or atleast as HD as possible using the HDMI and not the component cables. I've already tried doing that thing where you turn off the comcast box and click menu to change the settings and i've changed it to 1080i the max and it didn't seem to look that different. Is there something iam doing wrong? let me know if iam missing any information and gimme ur email adress if you want me to get back to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to select that HDMI in on the TV set. You don't need to unplug component for the test.