...technology/future? Am I the only christian who is humanist, transhumanist, has optimistic view towards mankinds future and wants to be a science fiction writer? I love Star Wars, Ghost in the shell, Mass effect, Blade Runner and a lot of other sci-fi. I'm also theistic evolutionist. I love the idea of interstellar spaceships and human body augmentations. Why other christians are so negative about science, technology, space travel, cybernetics and the future of mankind? C.S.Lewis for example, thinks that space colonization is sinful.
Just because we have sinful nature, doesn't mean we can't resit it. I know you are thinking about The book of Revelation but space travel may be possible in the future golden age, the millennium described in Revelation 20:1-6. There is no determinism in the universe, because that would violate free will, that means we can change the future. Future of the world doesn't have to be bad. If humans opened their hearts to Jesus (and our, christian, mission is to make sure of that), with the help of God we could reach high technological advancement.
I think christians should be more optimistic and enthusiastic about the world and try to make it a better place, instead of passively waiting for Christ to return.
Okay, if I'm wrong about this whole thing, then why did God created me like this? Why do I like science fiction ideas, why do I want to become a science fiction writer and bring glory to Him in this way? If these things are bad, then why did God made me so passionate about them? Share your opinion.

I have to give atheists a credit. They are more optimistic then christians on this topic. Good job atheists.