Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to restore Packard Bell laptop to factory settings or delete old files?

I have a Packard Bell laptop running Windows Vista. I have a Mac now so I don't use it, so I was going to give it to one of my friends. I never got a restore CD with it when I purchased it, so I deleted all of my old files (music in iTunes, movies, documents, emails and calendar appointments in Outlook etc). However, I used the "search" function and searched for "." to bring up all the files on the computer, and they are all still on the computer … how can I delete these for good? When I try to delete them, it says that as they are no longer on the computer and cannot be located, I cannot delete them.

How can I delete them or, even better, how can I restore my laptop to factory settings? I tried hitting F10 and F11 on startup as I read this on other answers and it didn't work. I have no earlier restore points as I deleted them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i had a laptop like your with no restore CD and i wanted to sell it. 1.so what you can do is if you know somone that is good with computers is to ask them to format your hard disk and put a fresh copy of windows vista on it for you (this might cost a little bit)
    2. go to the makers of your laptop's website and email them for a restore disk or how to restore your laptop to factory settings.