Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member MissyS[suspended]'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can teachers keep you after the last bell?

Like, when the final bell has rung to say school has ended ? Today, the teacher decided since ONE student was being disruptive we had to stay for an extra 20 minutes. My school bus, which is my only way home cause my parents work - comes exactly five minutes after the bell, and only waits for another 5 minutes and then leaves.

I asked my teacher if I could go, because it was my only way home and she said no, and I have to deal with it.

I called my parents but they couldn't get off of work, and no one else could get me so I had to go on a 4 1/2 hour walk home with about 10lbs of books. Can teachers actually do this ? Especially if it causes you to miss your bus ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes...yes they can

Downloads
    Uploads
    that is horrible!!!
    yes, they are allowed to. but it sucks!

i dont know how it works in your school. but if you go to a private school (like me) just have your parents complain to the dean/prinicpal. your parents pay money.they have higher authority than teachers. teacher may get fired.

if you go to a public school....than not sure. maybe still talk to the prinicple? or have parents talk to teacher?

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes they can but they shouldnt thats just mean

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah they can, it's ridiculous.
    Totally not fair to the people who were behaving.
    Missing the bus sucks too, sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    they can but usually under 10 min. idnt think more..im thinking it sunder state law

Downloads
    Uploads
    They can keep you after the bell, but not in a situation like this.
    Obviously, your parents do not feel comfortable with you walking home, and are unable to drive you, which is why you take the bus.
    There is a REASON why you take the bus, and that is important, and should be respected.
    Talk to your parents, and ask them to speak with your principal.
    I walk to school every day, but it only takes me 20 minutes, and my mother will not allow me to walk alone somewhere farther than my school, because it is extremely dangerous, you have no idea what some creeps would do to a girl walking alone on the side of the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    nobody can keep you anywhere
    but you have to live with the consequences of all the decisions you make, good or bad
    just shrug it off

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, teachers are allowed to keep you after school where i'm from for i'm pretty sure thirty minutes or maybe an hour.
    they usually don't, but they can. it's only fair. you waste their time, they waste yours.
    if you weren't causing the problem and it was one kid that held up the whole class, then he/she probably won't do it again now!
    suck it up. walking is not hard and it's good for you. some people walk for four and a half hours for fun or to stay healthy! (if you're that upset about walking, take a city bus even?)
    also, if you're really concerned and think teachers aren't allowed to keep you, contact your school district.

Unregistered
    dude if i was u i would just walk out of calss becouse they dont have the right to touch u and if she/ he did knock a nigga out