Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    DizzyM

Bell or Rogers home phone in Canada?

I feel like the two companies are playing tug o war with our phone line. We just switched to Rogers because they gave us 6 months free ... now Bell just got us back promising a 5 credit. I need help making a decision! I'm a bit worried about Rogers home phone (if the power goes out the phone will only work for 6 hours?)

Dom J
    TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!!! LOL
    I would just switch back and forth between the companies. It is like with the credit card interest rates. I keep transfering balances to the lowest rate unless the company will give it to me.

Also, cells provide many services. I use my cell for unlimited local and long distance. I use Vonage at home. It is still unlimited local and long distance and provides all the services you need for $24.99 a month plus taxes. Also now, you can recharge your cell phone with solar power in case of losing electricity.

bunnybabe
    Why are you still using a land line? Cell phone providers have so many package deals now where you can add an extra line to your call plan and just keep that phone at home or why don't you just just you cell phone as your primary number. It has voice mail so you never miss a call even when it's turned off, and long distance calls are cheaper.