Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my blackberry screen automatically dim?

Why does my blackberry 8330 screen dim in low light and brighten in strong light and can I change that setting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes First go to menu then go seetings then display settings then wither go to contrast settings then set it high or go to backlight timer and set it to how long you want
    Hope it helps =]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes First go to menu then go seetings then display settings then wither go to contrast settings then set it high or go to backlight timer and set it to how long you want
    Hope it helps =]

Unregistered
    I have the Curve 8520 and mine does the same thing. It gets brighter in the light, and darker in the dark. It makes no sense. It should be the other way around.

Seriously, why would the screen and buttons get DARKER in the DARK?? Not such a smartphone, eh? I can never see my keys at night, I hate it.

Unregistered
    You go to - options, then screen/keyboard , and then turn off the automatically dim backlight hope this helpss

Martin Furman
    i know this comment comes a bit late after the last one but for anyone who ends at this page in the future:

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have the Curve 8520 and mine does the same thing. It gets brighter in the light, and darker in the dark. It makes no sense. It should be the other way around.
    Seriously, why would the screen and buttons get DARKER in the DARK?? Not such a smartphone, eh? I can never see my keys at night, I hate it.
    actually that's as far as i know exactly the point of dimming. you don't need your display to be exceptionally bright in dark rooms because your eye's iris is wide open making your eye more sensitive to light as opposed to your iris being contracted when more light is present. Also it doesn't have to "beat" strong reflections present during bright conditions.

If you can't see your keys at night you should change your display brightness so it doesn't go all the way to the minimum.