Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who knows a lot about Blackberry's?

I bought a blackberry 8830 (world edition) off Ebay. I don't plan on using the internet with this phone, i bought it for texting. I currently have the Samsung Alias. When i go to Verizon to get my blackberry activated are they going to make me pay a monthly fee for internet service? I heard this is required when you buy a blackberry from Verizon, but i got mine offline so it's different.. right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have to have a data plan / internet in particular. But, realize any time you use the internet you will have fees that will be tacked on to your bill. So, basically .......either get a data plan or never use the internet and you won't have those surprise charges that you think are to expensive.

Relative of mine has BB Pearl and does not and did not get a plan. She only uses the phone and occasional text message. That pretty much it for her purposes with the phone. Does not use the other features....with a phone such as this you are leaving off sixty percent of what is available if you don't use the other features most required internet access.