Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Simian

Sync Blackberry - Palm?

I currently use a Palm Treo 680, and have used the palm desktop for many years. I am very temped to switch to a Blackberry but I have a problem - I need to sync it with something other than Outlook. My office uses Outlook and I have always installed Palm Desktop to my work computer and then I can sync my personal phone (currently the Treo 680) without any interferance with my work data (on Outlook). I know Blackberry syncs with Act and various other contact managers, but they're not free, and I don't want to put a copied version on my work laptop. Does anyone have any experience sync'ing a Blackberry to Yahoo or Google? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I wish Blackberry sync'd directly with Palm Desktop or had thier own Desktop Software. I think the software that comes with the Blackberry is only used to sync to another product - it isn't an actual contact manager itself - is this correct?

Unregistered

Home Palm Versus Blackberry

both operate on a different system.Blackberry on a symbian and Palm on its own OS system.Blackberry is on the same systems as most PDAS ButPalm has its own and only compatablew with palm. I have been with palm for a long time. They have a good one of the original touch screen PDAs,butythe have to change and they are soon Blackberry and Palm will be able to sync with each other. I am a Realtor and they are saying that soon blackberry will open our lock boxes now only Palm will.If you are considering on changing Pdas have a look at a super PDA Sony Ericsson P1i it is the PDA the time. It has everything Palm has with a uper camera and more.My advice is to stay with Palm until the Blackberry (symbian) is synced then palm will be synced with all PDAS.
    Gordon Hovey