Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Brian

My neighbor was having a yard sale and I let him take my lawn mower, I...

...said I wanted 0 for it. I told them? we would split it. They never paid me what should I do?

It was a good riding mower, a husky? anyways it worked perfect, the only reason i got rid of it was because my mom got a new one and her old one was a little better than mine. I have asked for it and they don't have it they said they could pay $25 a week , but i have not seen 25 cents and it has been 2 months.

cagoldengirl
    Ask 4 the money.

Andy
    pressurize em a bit.......put in a bit of centiment and the whole neighbour coooperation thing.that alwayz does the trick

martymar1222
    Go talk to them and ask them for your money.

Ben
    In the absence of more friendly resolution, take the receipt you got when you bought the mower to the police and report it stolen and then sold by your neighbors - they stole it when they abrogated the agreement to split the proceeds.

If you don't have the receipt, then you are S O L.

redwine
    Go ask for it respectfully first. If that does not work, how important is it to have a good neighbor? If its worth less than $125, then go to small claims court. Be realistic about how much he could have gotten for it. You could get a brand new Toro from $300, so what makes you think they were able to get $250 for used one?

notyou311
    No one pays $250. for anything at a yard sale. You can take them to Small Claims Court for the money.