Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I wait for more updates before getting the BlackBerry Storm?

I been wanting the Storm since it came out but know of all the bugs they are still trying to fix. If i were to get the phone now will i be able to just download the newer updates to have the phone at its best when more updates come out, or would it be better to just wait for them to fix the problems then buy the phone? Are all updates going to be able to be downloaded with even the first Storms that were sold?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait.

My buddy and I were drooling over the G1 becaue we love everything Google, but we both ended up with the sidekick 08. Over the course of a 2 yr contract a G1 would be about $4 more per month, but we decided it'd be better to wait. We've each owned sidekicks before--i had a sidekick 2 that I bought used and he had a sidekick 3. Our phones were just good phones so we stuck with Sharp. We've also both had Razr's and avoided the Sidekick Slide like the plague. The G1 is made by HTC, who has also made some other phones but they haven't been around very long and for us they aren't tried and true. Now Blackberrys have been around a while, and from a short personal experince with one, I can say they're decent. I only used one for about a week, but I had problems with the interface.

Honestly it's better to wait. what point is there in jumping on the newest phone only to be stuck with a problematic phone for 2 years?