Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I be dunking the rim now?

I am 5'11-6'0 17 year old and my arm reach is 34 inches. I have been playing basketball for a while now and I did not really want to get into dunking back then but rather to work on m shooting an dribbling skills. Yesterday, a kid my exact size and weight (65kg) slammed the ball right in the middle of the game and i was suprised. Could be his genetics but I also been running alot, plyometrics for 2 weeks now and my right knee is getting weaker, been lifting weights non-stop like every other day , and i have a good diet. My bro gave me ankle weights i know it will screw my knees worser. So if you guys can give me some tips without me having to buy anything (jumpsoles) and somethng easy on my knees great.

Last questions can i grow another 3 inches haven't had a huge growht spurt like 5 inches a year all my life .

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is an old saying what it is, is what it is.

This might be your height for the rest of your life and people who are under 6 feet tall has to be exceptional to make it in the college level or the Pro. They can't be just good they have to be exceptional.

What I mean be exceptional is that you have to be super quick, super fast and this includes with the ball. An exceptional shooter and defender because in the game of basketball the offense and defense player are the same. Also having tremendous springs helps out also.

I am not trying to burst your bubble but you asked the question should you be able to dunk and most people can't under 6-3" but gifted athletes can dunk when they are 5-6" or so.

Spud Webb was 5-6" and won a slam dunk contest in the NBA and Nate Thompson of the Knicks who I believe is 5-7" or so is a great dunker also.

In any case squats and any strengthening exercise for your calves should help some of your Vertical leap but like I said before it might not be in the cards for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should be dunking

Downloads
    Uploads
    your probably just fat, and after your read this your gonna post additional details saying some reasonable weight, which will be a lie. Face it, ur just fat and cant jump..

Downloads
    Uploads
    your probably just fat, and after your read this your gonna post additional details saying some reasonable weight, which will be a lie. Face it, ur just fat and cant jump..