Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

New aftermarket rims, and tyres are shaking!?

Hey, Just to get a clear scenario. Here's what happened.

Recently, I just got my car (A 1994 Lancer GLXi [evo3 model]) out of the paint shop after being body-work'd for about a month. 1-2 days before the car is done from it's finishing touches.. I decided to bring in a set of sport rims that i bought a month ago.. which is 16" and free bolt. The car went from original stock 13" rims to 16" sport rims.

And here's what happened..

It's looking pretty and all.. however.. i noticed that my rear tyres are actually shaking in a very obvious wobbly movement at even less than 40mph. Even my friend, who was driving behind me witnessed the the shake.

So here I thought I just needed to get alignment and camber servicing done by workshops.. I was told that it is a must-do procedure if the car is new to sport rims.

Well after the alignment and camber is done, I took it for another test drive.. same thing.. still shaking wobbly-ish..

So here I ask if any of you have any knowledge at all about what this could be? I actually went back to the workshop to ask and he checked and told me that my Lower arms needs to get replaced.. all sides..

But before I waste more money, I need to be sure that it's definitely THAT.

Someone help? hahah.. please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    When you say they are shaking, are they shaking side to side or bouncing up and down. I would go with the cheapest check first and make sure that the rims are not bent and that they are in balance. Unbalanced rims and tires can cause the shaking that you are talking about. After that if you still have the issue I would then check the lower control arms and possibly(if AWD) the axles on the car.