Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

iPhone user looking to purchase BlackBerry Bold?

I currently have an iPhone 3G on Rogers Wireless (signed a 3 year contract in December). Now, can I purchase the Blackberry Bold at full price without a contract and insert my sim card and use it normally? Also, can I switch SIM cards back and forth to use both phones on the same plan until I decide to sell it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can and the bold is a great phone i have one

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, the blackberry bold has a different data plan. This is because the data plan for the blackberry goes directly through RIM (the maker of the blackberry) therefore you will need to have your connection set up that way. Also your blackberry can retrive your email so it will require that it be set up through rogers (to RIM) for that to be done. I think if you discuss this with Rogers, they will allow the switch since you are still using a data plan (and possibly a more pricely one also) just as long as you pay for the phone. If you whine long enough they may even get you a deal on it!

Congrats on upgrading your smartphone though, Iphone is overrated =P