Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can thinner tires on nice rims compared to regular tires on basic factory...

...rims cause problems with your mpg? Is it true?
    I was looking through some tire sites, i was just curious about low profile tires and I saw alot of people complaining that the mpg dropped, one person said for ex: "Where we averaged 50 mpg on the highway, driving at 60-65 mph, we now get 45, a 10% decrease".

When compared to regular tires on manufacturer rims.

I personally dont know about any of it and just wondering, some people complain that they loose more gas due to there tires, even though i know anyone could say it might be someones car, alignment, or a-frame but what if two perfectly good, same model cars, that arnt having problems and one has low pros and the other has regulars then would the gas really be different if anyone knows. If anyone has any info on that.
    Just curious

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lower profile tires are decreasing the overall size of what your car rides on.

Smaller wheels (that is, the tire plus the rim) are like having a slightly smaller gear ratio - you have a little more power but lose a little MPG.

Increasing size increases MPG, but also decreases power.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well wide tires get less mileage because they get more drag they cost more and they are shor tin life casue you cant align car like it should be so if your wanting a new look just a set of wheels the same size as or about same as what you have now will work much better without any problems any time you change the way design is you run into problems